This is a tribute post to “Course Of Love”, in which I wrote on the connection and process of flirting, dating and being in a relationship.
A friend asked me on MSN, “But what about the difference?”
My reply was, “I personally feel there’s no difference because while dating, we still need some flirting to spice things up… same goes to when we are in a relationship – flirting keeps lover excited.”
Then he hinted, “Oh, flirting can also take place after marriage right? *wink*”
And he is spot on!
The title Marriage On Fire carries a double meaning – flirting in marriage can light up more passionate fire between the couple, otherwise, flirting from a third person causes the marriage to be on trouble fire. So, it’s either you keep your spouse’s heart or someone else will…
In One Tree Hill Season 5, Episode 13 (Echoes, Patience, Silence and Grace), Haley and Nathan were going through a marriage therapy after the hot nanny to their son flirt with Nathan and tried to get into the shower with him. Which obviously Haley caught her red-handed. Enjoy the short clip on their therapy session… :)
Being in a marriage is more than just fulfilling our responsibilities as a spouse or parent. It’s also about our responsibility to love, nurture and keep our marriage alive.
A girl friend whom I recently introduced to Cupid Blogger Dot Com sent me an instant message two days ago. She asked me, “Well, say you were in my position… married for 9 years with 3 kids, and no romance from hubby. What would you do?”
So I replied, “Create romance…”
Flirting with romance can rekindle and spark the fading fire. It brings husband and wife closer together and revives each other’s feelings for one another. Even if you (husband or wife) are juggling in between house chores, your career, taking care of the children, it leaves you no room to be complacent or to take your married-relationship for granted.
In this world, things that are not tendered and cared for will rot and die… That’s why it is important to love, nurture and keep your relationships – be it dating or married relationships. All relationships deserve equal attention and lots and lots and lots of tender loving care.
Let me share with you some of my little secrets in keeping my marriage smooth sailing…
- Embrace the good kiss routine (but don’t make it a routine, you must enjoy it truly from your heart) – start with Good Morning Kiss and Good Night Kiss, then you can have Good Day Kiss, Good Dinner Kiss and so on.
- Slip in love-notes all around (be creative) – in lunch packs, on snack plates, pockets of their work clothes, under their pillow, on the phone, maybe even on instant message or email…
- Learn to cook (or bake) a new dish – I recently self-learnt to cook chicken curry and we had a fun Malaysian-style roti and chicken curry for dinner.
- Be passionate – hug them from behind, jump into shower uninvited…
- Everybody love surprises – make (or buy) gifts on regular days (not just on special occasions), take them to a nice or romantic unplanned dinner.
- Flirt (and you can be naughty with your spouse) – wink, smile, send electrifying waves with eye contact, sexy talk, compliment and make them feel good.
- Try something new and different together – pretend that both of you are back to the dating days, get dressed in different rooms and feel the butterflies in your tummy when you meet your date in the living room.
- Add some adventure – you can do new sports like hiking, cycling, canoeing, anything that you both have never tried before.
- Getaway times – go on a romantic holiday, just both of you – leave home, leave work and leave worries. Relax and enjoy each other’s company.
- Honesty (and generosity) is the best policy – be honest with each other and communicate how you would love to be loved and appreciated. While we extend our love and care to our other half, always remember to be generous in our unconditional love to them.
I hope these little personal tips will help you jazz up something passionate, sweet and beautiful especially with Valentine’s Day just round the corner. Feel free to share more romantic experiences to renew and refresh relationships for the New Year ahead.
- Top 3 Questions Before Marriage – Part 3
- Are You Ready For A Marriage?
- Top 3 Questions Before Marriage – Finale
- Flirt Up The Game
- 10 Signs That A Man’s Ready For Marriage
- (M)y (V)alentine
- Top 3 Questions Before Marriage – Part 2
- Top 3 Questions Before Marriage
- 5 Ways How To Save Your Marriage
- Creative Marriage Proposal At Walkathon