What does Valentine’s Day mean after marriage? Is it as illusory as the double overturned ‘V’ in the ‘M’?
The day of love
When we were young, free and single, Valentine’s Day was a simple affair, a sweet card, a red rose, a meal for two at a nice restaurant and a movie, with some hopefuls of romance with a little loving.
A simple secret recipe that works for many young couples.
Married for 3 years, Valentine’s Day is a whole different ball game with more challenging pursuits especially when trying to think up fresh moves and ideas that are not the same every single year.
For most couples who have been married for years, they begin to forget the meaning of romance and fall into a routine of buying a card and some flowers, and nothing more. Unconsciously, husbands and wives take each other for granted and assuming that these wonderfully thought out gifts would be GREAT every year.
It’s time to light up!
For married couples, if the above scenario somewhat relates to you, and you haven’t light up some romance with your spouse… make a change and do something special this Valentine’s Day.
What can you do to sweep the love of your life off their feet?
- Make them feel loved
- Make them feel extraordinary
- Let them know that they are the most important person in your world
- Dedicate the day to them
- Remind them that they are loved not only on Valentine’s Day, but every single day
Plan, prepare and perform
Getting it right on Valentine’s Day takes careful planning and imagination especially if you have children. As the big day is approaching, you must be extra prepared and come up with a perfect plan that will work magic while keeping the children as part of the plan or out of the way… and most importantly come up with a plan B should plan A lose its way.
Since it’s a Valentine’s Day… it lasts a whole 24 hours, it is more than the 5 minutes you take to buy a card and a gift, or the 7-minute-in-heaven kiss, or the 10 minutes lovey-dovey moment, or the 60 minutes candlelight dinner, or the 120 minutes romantic movie. It’s a one whole day, 24 hours, 1,440 minutes and 86,400 seconds!
It’s crucially important to know what they love, you can plan the whole day, minute by minute, from morning till night, pamper your beloved other half and you can make the whole day very special. Living together for so many years can be a challenge especially when planning for surprises, but try these kiss-and-tell ideas from my personal experience…
- Give them little treats at different times during the day
- Spend quality time talking and reminiscing moments that you’ve shared before and after you got married
- Re-connect and re-bond with touch and senses
- Watch a romance movie that you both love
- Listen to love songs that you both love
- Serve them their favourite food
- Whisper sweet nothings in their ears
- Cuddle up and just do nothing
Romance ever after…
Valentine’s Day is a day of romance and love, sharing intimate moments with your partner but so is every other day of the year. Valentine’s Day may mean the same to dating and married couples… the only difference is that after marriage; it takes more effort to keep Valentine’s Day exciting year after year.
To the dating and married couples in the world, treat your partners the way they deserve… not only on Valentine’s Day but every single day of the year.
Though Valentine’s Day may be slightly different during dating and after marriage, there is still a very clear similarity… we all celebrate love on this day, for love is always the GREATEST!
Let’s fall in love again with My Valentine performed by Olivia Newton-John and Jim Brickman…
Has Valentine’s Day been different for you since your marriage? How has it been different? Feel free to share your kiss-and-tell experiences and let’s celebrate Valentine’s Day this year and the years to come with more romance… ;-)
Do also checkout Cupid Blogger Valentine’s Day Blog Contest to win attractive prizes which ends on 28th Feb. Don’t missed it ya.
- Creative Marriage Proposal At Walkathon
- Every Day Is Valentine’s Day
- How Do You Know When Your Marriage Is Over
- Ring Around The Roses…
- Love Today Or Love Everyday?
- Top 3 Questions Before Marriage
- Top 3 Questions Before Marriage – Part 2
- Top 3 Questions Before Marriage – Finale
- 4 Thoughts Of International Marriage
- Top 20 Romantic Movie Love Quotes